Fisher Avenue Reconstruction
The final phase of the Fisher Avenue Reconstruction Project (PW/15-06) will begin in the early weeks of May 2016. The anticipated duration of this phase of the project is eight weeks.
Scope of WorkThis phase of the Fisher Avenue Reconstruction project will entail the following
- Overlaying (Placing the final top course) Fisher Avenue between Newbury College Main Parking Lot, and Channing Road.
- Installation of new granite curbing between Fisher Hill Reservoir Park, and Channing Road.
- Removal and resetting of existing granite curbing between Fisher Hill Reservoir Park, and Channing Road.
- Installation of new cement concrete sidewalks, driveways and wheelchair ramps between Fisher Hill Reservoir Park, and Channing Road.
- Installation of a new drainage structure at Leicester Street.
In general, parking will be restricted during construction hours (7:00AM – 4:00PM) only in the areas of operation per posted signing.
Current Parking Restrictions:
No Parking on Fisher Avenue between Holland Road and Channing Road July 4th - 25th
All construction activity will be conducted in manageable segments. Construction activities will begin at the intersection of Fisher Avenue and Holland Road and progress southerly towards Channing Road.
Current Construction Activity:
- Sidewalk, Wheelchair Ramp, and Driveway construction between Holland Road and Channing Road
- Removing and resetting of water, sewer, and drainage structures between Holland Road and Channing Road
- ROADWAY PAVING SATURDAY JULY 16, 2016. 7:00AM - 5:00PM
Click Here to See Current Paving Notice
Click Here to See Current Detour Plan
Public safety is of the utmost importance to our division. Police details will be provided throughout the hours of construction operations to direct traffic and assist pedestrians. Compacted ramps will be provided in the areas where the sidewalks and wheelchair ramps were removed so that pedestrian movements may be safely maintained during construction.
During Construction hours there will be limited access to Fisher Avenue between Holland Road and Channing Road. Safety barrels, signing and police details will be in place to help facilitate this critical effort.
Project updates will be prepared and distributed biweekly to monthly depending on the activities being performed via mailed notice, or on this webpage.
Should you have any questions, please contact Kurt Fraser of the Engineering Division at 617-264-6443 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.