Daniel F. Ford Playground at Emerson Garden
The contractor is making solid progress on the improvements at Emerson Garden. Their work is very professional and they continue to meet our specifications/requirements for quality work. If you have visited the site recently you may get a glance at some newly installed play equipment and the assembly of the custom wood play element by Mitch Ryerson. Entry planting has been installed, the new concrete splash pad has been poured and the rough grading is being done. In the upcoming weeks, we are expecting the remaining play equipment to be installed along with the playground safety surfacing and site furnishings. We are very excited about the overall play space, seating areas and plantings.
- Installing temporary chain link fencing and gates, erosion controls and tree protection
- site demolition and earthwork
- re-grading and added drainage structures to improve site drainage
- new play equipment and playground boundaries
- new splash pad area
- resurfacing of walkways
- new lawn, irrigation system, and plantings
- park furniture & movable seating
- and the correction of sewer/drain cross connections.
The design review process consists of presentation and open discussion of alternative solutions to meet our goals for the Garden in a series of public meetings over the course of approximately seven months, with establishment by the Park and Recreation Commission of a Design Review Committee for the project. The Design Review Committee has been named and consists of seven members, four Park and Recreation Commissioners and three members coming from the public. The Design Review Committee, with input from the public, will work with the Division of Parks and Open Space staff Landscape Architects, to develop a preliminary design within our budget. Once consensus is reached on a preliminary design, the Design Review Committee will vote its approval and the design will go before the Park and Recreation Commission for its final comment and approval. At that point the Town landscape architects and engineers will proceed with final development of the design and preparation of the documents for construction bidding.
We welcome you to join us in a creative and productive conversation about how best to improve Daniel F. Ford Playground at Emerson Garden. If you have any questions, please call Kathleen Fasser at (617)730-2088.
- April 26, 2016 Meeting Presentation
- June 13, 2016 Meeting Presentation
- April 26, 2016 Meeting Minutes
- June 13, 2016 Meeting Minutes
- September 6, 2016 Meeting Agenda
- June 13, 2016 Meeting Agenda
- April 26, 2016 Meeting Agenda
- September 6, 2016 Meeting Presentation
- November 7, 2016 Meeting Presentation
- December 6, 2016 Meeting Presentation
- September 6, 2016 Meeting Minutes
- November 7, 2016 Meeting Minutes
- November 7, 2016 Meeting Agenda
- December 6, 2016 Meeting Agenda