Opt Up to 100%
100% renewable energy, zero carbon emissions
Anyone who pays an electric bill has the power to make a difference. Opting up to the Brookline All Green product means that all the electricity you use will come from non-polluting New England renewable energy.
Our competitive rates make this choice easier. For just $1.86 cents more a month*, a typical household could displace over 6,000 pounds of polluting carbon dioxide annually--the equivalent of emissions produced by driving over 7,300 miles in a typical passenger vehicle (www.epa.gov).
How we are different
- We purchase 100% renewable energy generated in New England from local non-profit Mass Energy
- Our purchase of Mass. Class I Renewable Energy Credits guarantees that new renewable energy will be added to the power grid. Avoid greenwashing! Why this is important.
- The cost of additional renewable energy you purchase is eligible for a tax deduction. Mass Energy will mail your statement directly to you.
- Our competitive price is fixed through January 2020.
To Opt Up to 100%:
SIGN UP ONLINE for Brookline All Green OR call Dynegy at 866-220-5696 and ask for Brookline All Green. Have your Eversource account number ready.
SAMPLE Comparison of Cost and Environmental Impact
Based on 600 kWh used per month
|Eversource Basic Service|
Feb 2018 - Jun 2018, residential rate
|Brookline All Green|
Prices fixed through Jan 2020, all classes
|Price per kilowatt hour||$0.12888||$0.13198|
|Monthly cost, electric supply only||$77.33||$79.19|
|Additional renewable energy||0||100%|
|Additional CO2 displaced annually||0||6,170 lbs. CO2|
* Compared to Eversource Basic Service’s residential rate February 2018 to June 2018, which offers no additional renewable energy above what the State requires. A typical household is estimated to consume about 600 kWh of electricity per month. Because Eversource changes its supply rates every six months, the price difference of $1.86 more per month is not guaranteed. Carbon displacement calculation is based on 2015 marginal emissions rate of 857 pounds carbon dioxide per one megawatt hour.
You can help Brookline displace 3,000,000 more pounds of CO2 by June!
Brookline All Green, the Town's 100% renewable product, is endorsed by environmental groups Mothers Out Front and Climate Action Brookline, and they are actively spreading the word. Look for their informational flyer about opting up to Brookline All Green and share it with your neighbors.