Building Committee for Brookline High School Expansion Project
There shall be established a Building Committee for the Brookline High School expansion project. In keeping with recent practice on the Devotion School project, this committee shall be modeled using the MSBA Building Committee guidelines as a starting point. The Committee shall consist of a member of the Building Commission, Board of Selectmen and School Committee, each selected by their designated boards, who together shall serve as co-chairs of the Committee. The other members of the Committee shall be as listed below. The Board of Selectmen, working with the Town Administrator and staff, shall provide candidates to fill the Park and Recreation Commission representative and the two greater BHS community positions. The Superintendent, working with the Headmaster, shall provide candidates to fill the two parent community representatives, the dean representative and the student representative positions. The slate of members shall be ratified by the Board of Selectmen and the School Committee.
- 1 member of the Park and Recreation Commission
- 2 persons representing the school parent community (School Council or PTO)
- 2 persons representing the interests of the greater BHS community
- The Town Administrator or designee
- The Building Commissioner or designee
- The Superintendent of Schools
- The Deputy Superintendent of Schools for Administration and Finance
- The Deputy Superintendent of Schools for Teaching and Learning
- The BHS Headmaster
- 1 BHS Dean
- 1 student representative
- The Building Committee shall advise and support the Building Commission, Board of Selectmen and School Committee in connection with their authority and responsibilities for the construction and alteration of town buildings and structures under Article 3.7 of the General By-Laws of the Town of Brookline. The Building Committee shall also be the main body responsible for engaging and informing the public on the project.
- The Building Committee shall work with the Project Manager and consultants in support of the project. The Project Manager shall attend all the meetings of the Building Committee and serve as the Committee’s staff person.
- The Building Committee shall be concerned with all aspects of the project including budget, schedule, safety, public relations, coordination of town agencies, logistics, and contract compliance.