The Select Board is composed of 5 members who are elected for 3-year terms. Current members include:
- Neil Wishinsky (Chair)
- Ben Franco
- Nancy Heller
- Bernard Greene
- Heather Hamilton
As the Chief Elected and Executive Officers of the town, the Select Board are vested with all the municipal authority not specifically retained by the town's legislative body, Town Meeting. The Select Board appoint a Town Administrator, responsible for the daily management of the town, whose powers are specified in Chapter 270 of the Acts of 1985, as amended.
The Select Board:
- Issue the warrants for Town Meetings and make recommendations on the warrant articles
- Initiate legislative policy by inserting articles in Town Meeting warrants
- Implement the votes subsequently adopted
- Adopt town administrative policies
- Review and set fiscal guidelines for the annual operating budget and the 6-Year Capital Improvements Program
- Make recommendations to Town Meeting on the budget and Capital Improvements Program
- Appoint department heads and members of most official boards and commissions
- Hold public hearings on important town issues and periodic conferences with agencies under their jurisdiction and with community groups
- Represent the town before the General Court and in all regional and metropolitan affairs
- Enforce town by-laws and regulations
- Serve as the licensing board responsible for issuing and renewing over 600 licenses in more than 20 categories, including common victualler, food vendor, liquor, lodging house, open-air parking lot, inflammables, special events, and entertainment
The Select Board meets every Tuesday evening, unless otherwise posted (summer meeting schedule may vary). Location: Select Board Hearing Room, 6th Fl., Brookline Town Hall, 333 Washington Street).
Select Board meetings are broadcast live by Brookline Interactive Group.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. V
Aaa Bond Rating Reaffirmed
We are pleased to announce that on March 5, 2018, Moody's reaffirmed the Town's Aaa bond rating. Brookline is one of just 14 communities in Massachusetts that has been assigned the Aaa rating by Moody's. You can access the Brookline also received a AAA rating from S&P Global Ratings. That report can be found here.
Statement of the Select Board
Please read the Brookline Select Board Statement dated February 7, 2017 regarding the Town of Brookline's status as a Sanctuary Town.
2018 Annual Town Meeting - May 22, 2018
The Select Board set Tuesday, May 22, 2018 as the start date for the start date for the 2018 Annual Town Meeting. Town Meeting is held in the High School auditorium and begins at 7:00 PM. All Town Meeting files can be accessed here.