Fire Prevention Division
The Fire Prevention responsibilities include:
- Enforcement of all fire laws and ordinances
- Issuance of fire safety permits
- Investigation of all fires
- Forwarding of appropriate reports to the state fire marshal
- Education of the public regarding fire prevention topics and techniques
- Management of in-service fire company inspections
- Addressing of citizen complaints regarding fire safety issues
- Approval of building plans relating to fire protection
- Supervision of the permit fee schedule and associated inspections
The goal of the Fire Prevention Division is to coordinate townwide fire prevention and fire inspection programs in order to reduce the number of fires and resultant casualties, and reduce property damage.
For your convenience, Fire Prevention accepts MasterCard® and Visa® credit cards for permits and inspections.
Smoke Detectors Webpage Information/Online Permit
The Brookline Fire Prevention Division requires that the following guideline be adhered to when submitting plans for review. Plans are required for any new or alterations to a fire suppression system or fire alarm system. Plans may also be required when an occupancy user group changes.
Brookline Fire Department Plan Submittal Requirements
Third Party Review Assistance
BDA Bi Directional Antenna Requirements