The Fire Station at what is now the Devotion Playground was built in 1892. Alexis French, the Town Engineer, was the engineer and perhaps the architect. It was dedicated in 1893. In 1898, a new Holloway combination wagon and chemical engine was bought. The old one went to the new firehouse at Oak Street and Heath Street.
Money was appropriated in 1964 to improve the Devotion Playground; this included the demolition of the fire station. It was abandoned in 1965 when the new Babcock Station, named after Charles F. Rowley, was dedicated on September 1, 1965.
The new station was designed by Clifford Douglas Stewart in 1964. It is a one story brick building with the firemen's quarters placed behind the trucks. This station combines the 2 companies formerly housed at the Devotion Street Station and the Monmouth Street Station.