National Public Health Week in Brookline April 5 - 12, 2014. You can join the movement by getting involved in the events being held throughout the week of April 5, 2014 through April 12, 2014 in Brookline! Click here for Complete Schedule
Savory Living - make healthy eating happen!
Visit s at www.savoryliving.com/healthy
- On Saturday, April 5, 2014 come to the Town Hall in Brookline between 1:30pm and 4:00pm for Wellness in the Villiage. This event features demonstrations, talks, and giveaways showcasing more than 20 wellness practitioners and teachers in Brookline Village (click here for more information).
- On Saturday, April 5, 2014, Dentistry from the Heart. The Longwood Dental Group gives back to Brookline community with free dental work: one extraction, one filling or a cleaning for those 18 and older who cannot get dental care elsewhere. Restrictions apply, registration starts at 7:00am. www.longwood-dental.com; 617-566-5445 for all details.
- On Saturday, April 5, 2014, a Rabies Clinic will be held where you will have the chance to bring your dog or cat to be vaccinated against rabies. All pets must be brought on a lease or in a cage by a person at least 14 years old (click here for more information).
(click here for more information).
- On Sunday, April 6, 2014 you can attend a free CPR/AED training from 1:00pm - 4:00pm at Brookline High School. Learn how to respond in a medical emergency, perform basic adult and child CPR and operate an Automated Defribrillator (AED). This training is open to Brookline residents 14 and older (click here for more information).
- On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 join Pat Maloney, Brookline Assistant Director of Public Health at the Brookline Senior Center from 1:00pm - 2:00pm for a talk about Food Safety for Seniors (click here for more information).
- On Tuesday April 8, 2014 join Dr. David Vago of Brigham and Women's Hospital for a discussion titled: Meditation: Connecting Your Brain and Your Health. Dr. Vago will discuss what meditation is, how it works, and how research demonstrates the benefits of meditation on both our mental and physical health at the Brookline Public Library at 6:00pm (click here for more information).