Economic Development Areas
Department of Planning & Community Development
The Economic Development Division encourages appropriate commercial growth and fosters the prosperity of businesses in the Town's commercial areas.
1. We collect key data on specific sites and on development opportunities that take advantage of regional market opportunities, local values and demographics, and neighborhood character.
2. We work with developers during zoning and permitting processes and cultivate relationships between individuals rather than entities.
3. We conduct research and outreach to suggest policy changes to improve our commercial areas.
4. We expect excellent design in new commercial developments, increasing the value of the new construction and enhancing the character of neighborhoods.
5. We support a series of public celebrations and events in our commercial areas such as the Food Festival, Farmers Market, and First Light Festival.
6. We collaborate with local business associations to foster a common agenda among store owners, commercial landlords, and neighborhood residents.
7. We assist individual businesses with business plans, identifying financial support, and outreach / networking opportunities.