While every effort is made to ensure accurate information is posted, Town of Brookline makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, content, currency, suitability, and timeliness of the information provided via this website. Users should not act or rely on any information obtained from this website without first seeking legal advice.
The information on this site is considered public information and may be distributed unless otherwise specified.
The documents and materials displayed or mentioned on this site are not official copies. If official copies are needed, contact the appropriate Brookline Department.
Disclaimer - Property Search (Parcel Inquiry)
The legal descriptions used by the Property Search (Parcel Inquiry) are for tax administration purposes.
Interactive Map Usage Rules and Disclaimer
Our interactive maps do not represent a professional survey. The mapping data has been abstracted to only contain the information required for local government purposes. The maps are compiled from official records (including plats, surveys, recorded deeds and contracts), but they may contain compilation errors not on the original documents. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE THE ORIGINAL RECORDED DOCUMENTS TO ANSWER LEGAL AND SURVEY QUESTIONS. No liability (either expressed or implied) for the accuracy of the data delineated herein is assumed by Town of Brookline, or their employees. The Town of Brookline data is provided for demonstration purposes only and may not be distributed without prior written permission from the Town of Brookline GIS Department.
The maps and data available are provided "as is" without any warranty or any representation of accuracy, timeliness or completeness. The burden for determining accuracy, completeness, timeliness, merchantability and fitness for or the appropriateness for use rests solely on the user accessing this information. Town of Brookline makes no warranties, expressed or implied, as to the use of the maps available on www.brooklinema.gov or through other data distribution methods (such as CD or paper reproductions.) The user acknowledges and accepts all inherent limitations of the maps, including the fact that the maps are dynamic and in a constant state of maintenance, correction and revision, and are updated monthly; as such, recent parcel splits, consolidations, or other changes may not yet be depicted on the maps.
You may choose whether to provide personal information online.
We consider "personal information" to be data that makes a person readily identifiable. It may include an individual's name, address, and phone number. A domain name or Internet Protocol address is not considered personal information.
We collect no personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us by sending us e-mail or engaging in an online transaction. Government agencies may require personally identifiable information from you in order to provide requested services, but such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to a government office.
Town of Brookline has taken steps to safeguard the integrity of its data and prevent unauthorized access to information it maintains. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation and day-to-day practices of the entire operating environment as part of its continuing commitment to risk management. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown and unauthorized access to our systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of private information in our possession.
Town of Brookline employs certain software and other security measures to monitor the use of the website and to identify unauthorized attempts to upload, change information, or otherwise cause damage to this website. Such attempts are strictly prohibited and punishable under applicable laws.
- This website contains links to other websites on the Internet; they are provided as a convenience to you. All links to other websites must be consistent with the Town of Brookline's overall mission of service, community, and continuous innovation. Town of Brookline, in its sole discretion, will determine whether an external website meets the requirements of the mission. The inclusion of links on this website, however, should not be construed as an endorsement by Town of Brookline of those links and their contents.
- If you choose to access a link to an outside website from this website, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of that particular website. In the event that you discover problems with or have concerns regarding the format, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of a linked external website, please contact the organization responsible for the linked external website. Links from this site to other websites may be removed or replaced at the discretion of the Town of Brookline at any time without notice.
- Should you choose to create a link to Town of Brookline online from your web page, we ask that you do the following:
- Do not open the Town of Brookline website in a window frame
- When linking to our site, enable all features of the new window, such as scroll bar, tool bar and menu bar
- Do not link directly to .pdf files, link to the index pages that refer them
- As a matter of courtesy, let the Town of Brookline Web Developer know that you created the link
Avoiding Internet Fraud
Fraudulent scams known as "phishing" involve a victim receiving an e-mail appearing to be from a legitimate business. The "from" line is often forged and the e-mail usually contains authentic looking graphics. The e-mail may also contain what appears to be a link to that organization. When the victim clicks on this link, they are then taken to what appears to be a legitimate looking website. Criminals can even make your brower's address bar contain the valid web address of the organization despite the fact that the website is a forgery. Victims are then encouraged to enter personal information including credit card numbers and expiration dates.
It is the Town of Brookline policy never to request confidential personal or financial information from our customers via an unsolicited e-mail. The Town of Brookline will also never send you an unsolicited e-mail containing a link to a Town of Brookline website where confidential personal or financial information is requested.
This website has been tested for compatibility with the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Latest release of Firefox
- Latest Release of Safari
Reporting Inappropriate Use
The Town of Brookline asks that anyone who believes that there is a violation of these policies direct any relevant information to our Website Developer
Consequences of Inappropriate Use
Town of Brookline may take any one or more of the following actions in response to inappropriate use:
- Issue written or verbal warnings;
- Report the offender(s) to the appropriate legal authorities.