- Public Works
- Engineering & Transportation Division
- Parking Permits
- Resident Overnight Parking
Resident Overnight Parking
Renewing your Permit
If you've previously renewed your license online...
- First, read through this page for specific information on your permit.
- Then click following link to open Accela and apply. Please use the same login information you used last time you renewed.
If you have never renewed this permit online before...
- First, register an account on our online permit portal, Accela. Follow this guide:
you may skip this step if you already have an account.
Guide to Registering
- Then, please email [email protected] for assistance in renewing your permit.
Residents with no off-street parking spaces may find it difficult to comply with the all night parking ban. To minimize this inconvenience, the Town of Brookline rents out a total of 325 spaces in 11 town-owned parking lots and the Courtyard Marriott Hotel. Please complete the Resident Overnight Permit Application.
Overnight Resident Parking Lots
- Coolidge Corner
- Lot 1 - Beacon Street Median - 60 spaces
- Lot 2 - Centre Street West - 56 Spaces
- Lot 3 - Babcock Street - 47 Spaces
- Lot 4 - John St. - 14 Spaces
- Lot 9 - Courtyard Marriott Hotel - 60 Spaces
- Lot 11 - Centre Street East - 10 Spaces
- Brookline Village
- Lot 5 - School Street - 14 Spaces
- Lot 6 - Kent/Webster Pl - 13 Spaces
- Lot 7 - Kent/Station St - 15 Spaces
- JFK Crossing
- Lot 8 - Fuller Street - 10 Spaces
- Washington Square
- Lot 10 - Beacon Street Median - 10 Spaces
- St. Mary's/Lower Beacon
- Lot 14 - Beacon Street Median - 10 Spaces
- Chestnut Hill
- Heath School Lot
Cost for a space:
$100.00/month (Billed to your address and payable each quarter ($300))
Hours of parking: Weekdays and Saturday: 8 PM to 9 AM
Sundays and Holidays: All Day/Evening
Car must be registered in Massachusetts to a Brookline address.
(Exceptions: lease vehicles, company cars, and full time students who are not residents of Brookline.)
Current excise tax must be paid
If you would like to place your name on the waiting list for one or more of the above lots please call (617)730-2177 with the following information:
- Brookline Address
- Contact Phone Number
We will contact you via telephone when a space becomes available. The spaces turn-over significantly every three months due to our billing cycle, but it could be a shorter wait for a space.
Private Parking Lots
A number of private lot owners also rent overnight parking spaces on a monthly basis to area residents. Those property owners renting out parking spaces to anyone other then a tenant, are required to obtain an Open Air Parking Space License. View a current list of Open Air Parking Space license holders (PDF) for the current year's names, locations and lot sizes. Residents who need an overnight parking space and live in close proximity to one of these private lots may want to contact the lot owner directly to determine the availability of overnight parking spaces.
Town of Brookline Website