21 Crown PEL
21 CROWN - PROJECT ELIGIBILITY APPLICATION (PEL)
On February 19, 2015, the Basile Group submitted a Project Eligibility application (PEL) to subsidizing agency MassHousing for 21 Crown, a 20-unit 40B rental development at 21 Crowningshield Road. Should MassHousing deem the conceptual design appropriate for the site, the Applicant is then allowed to submit a formal comprehensive permit application to the Zoning Board of Appeals for this affordable housing case.
At this time, no permit has been granted for the proposal. If you have any questions, please call the Planning Department at 617-730-2130 or email Planner Maria Morelli at [email protected].
- February 19, 2015: Applicant submitted PEL application to MassHousing
- March 5, 2015 at 10 am: Site visit for MassHousing at 21 Crowninshield
- March 10, 2015: Preservation Commission to discuss PEL application--see Town Calendar
- March 12, 2015: Planning Board to discuss PEL application--see Town calendar
- April 1, 2015: Deadline for Town's response to MassHousing
MASSHOUSING DETERMINATION AND FINDINGS
TOWN'S RESPONSE TO MASSHOUSING
Town's Response Submitted April 1, 2015 (PDF) (91 pages, 8 MB)
PEL APPLICATION TO MASSHOUSING
Lot Size..............15,556 sf
Units...................20 (5 of which are affordable)
Height.................50 feet to ridge line (4 stories)
Bedrooms............24 (18 one-bed, 2 three-bed)
Size of units........850/950 sf and 1,076 sf (plus deck/patio for each unit)
REGULATIONS AND GUIDELINES
Pursuant to 760 CMR 56.04(4)(b) and (c), a subsidizing agency must determine if a proposal is appropriate for the site, according to factors that define conformance. The Massachusetts 40B Design Review Handbook, prepared primarily as a reference for subsidizing agencies, provides a description and checklists of those design factors that are consistent with the regulations and therefore can be considered during design review.
- State Regulations 760 CMR 56.04(4)(b) and (c) "Site Eligibility (Findings in Determination)"
- Massachusetts 40B Design Review Handbook (Mass. DHCD, The Cecil Group, etal., 2008)
- Massachusetts Guidelines for 40Bs (DHCD) (PDF)
March 5, 2015 - Factors to determine site eligibility (PDF) [Found at State Regulations 760 CMR 56.04(4)]
Letters from Departments, Boards, and Commissions
- Fire Department (PDF)
- Building Department (PDF)
- Department of Public Works - Division of Engineering and Transportation (PDF)
- Housing Advisory Board (PDF)
- Planning Board (PDF)
- Preservation Commission (PDF)
- Board of Selectmen (PDF)