Andrew M. PappastergionPublic Works Commissioner
333 Washington St.
Brookline, MA 02445
Phone: 617-730-2156Fax: 617-713-3727
Monday - Thursday
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 12:30pm
There will be no changes to the trash and recycling schedule due to Independence Day, July 4th. Enjoy the Holiday!
COVID-19 Notice on Recycling
Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off opening has been delayed until July 7, 2020
-Bulky items/Special pickups will begin again the week of June 1.
-Yard waste pick up has begun on your scheduled trash day
For more information call 617-730-2156
Protect the public health and safety of the Town of Brookline by providing quality municipal solid waste services and environmental programs that are safe, efficient, cost effective, and environmentally responsible.
Programs and services include the following:
- Automated single-stream recycling collection
- Solid Waste curbside collection
- Residential curbside yard waste collection
- Residential curbside bulky item collection
- Hazardous waste drop off
- When is my trash and recycling picked up?
- Where does my trash and recycling go?
- How do I get a blue recycling cart?
- What happens if my collection day falls on a holiday?
- What do I do with my hazardous waste?
- What do I do with my hazardous waste in the winter?
- Are there any restrictions on what I can put in my trash?
- What are special pickups?
- Who do I call if I see illegal dumping?
- What should I do with yard waste?