Tobacco Control Committee
- Nancy Daly, Chair
- Alan Balsam or his designee
- Natalie Miller—Brookline Tobacco Control Program Coordinator, Dept. of Public Health
- A member of Advisory Council on Public Health Designee
- Dr. Tommy Vitolo—Town Meeting Member, Precinct 6, petitioner on several prior warrant articles on tobacco control.
- Elia Audy—Owner of two Mobil gas stations in Town which sell tobacco products
- Dr. John Ross—Petitioner, Warrant Article 10, Spring 2016
- Makena Binker-Cosen—Petitioner, Warrant Article 4, Fall 2016
- Sytske Humphrey—Member of the Advisory Committee, Sub-Committee on Health and Human Services
- Leonard Glantz—Emeritus Professor of Health Law, Bioethics, and Human Rights at Boston University
- Michael Chou, Ph.D.-Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School
Charge to the Committee:
The Selectmen's Committee on Tobacco Control will examine the impact and feasibility of stronger anti-tobacco measures in the Town of Brookline. The examination may include but not necessarily be limited to the proposal for a tobacco-free generation (a ban on the sale of cigarettes to persons born after 1995) and a ban or restrictions on the issuance of tobacco permits to businesses that do not currently hold a tobacco permit in Brookline, as of June 1, 2017 as discussed in connection with Warrant Article 10 at the Spring 2016 Town Meeting. The Committee will further examine the proposed changes to the General By-laws, Article 8.23, as proposed in Warrant Article 4, which will be before the upcoming Fall 2016 Town Meeting. The Committee may consider other measures to control the use and sale of tobacco in Town, particularly among people under the age of 18. The Committee will report back to the Board of Selectmen as soon as possible, but no later than prior to the Spring 2017 Town Meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.