Work With Us
Why Work for Local Government?
We need talented innovators, leaders and professionals like you! Spend your working hours investing in your community. Working for local government serves your community in vital ways: developing, protecting, educating, enhancing and improving our communities. And - did you know that working for municipal government offers quality of life benefits and advantages that you might not get elsewhere?
- We offer remote work options for many of our positions
- Generous Paid Leave including sick leave, vacation, personal leave, and paid holidays
- An incredible pension plan
- Employee health insurance that is more than 80% employer paid! Other benefits include dental insurance, life insurance, long term disability, accident, critical illness and short term disability plans
- We encourage wellness! Initiatives such as the Calm app, BlueBikes discount, adult education discount, Wellness Cards and Complimentary College Tuition benefit and more
- Flexible Spending Plans that include tax deferred benefits for medical, dependent care, parking and transportation expenses
- Employee Assistance short term counseling and referrals – available 24/7 at no cost
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Town of Brookline recognizes and values diversity as a vital characteristic of the town. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, receipt of public benefits (including housing subsidies), family status (e.g. because one has or doesn't have children), or other protected classes as defined by the Town, State and Federal law. The Town of Brookline supports and complies with the Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) reform law.
TOWN OF BROOKLINE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
This page only contains job opportunities for candidates over 18 years old in the Town of Brookline. Find other opportunities at the following links:
- Brookline Public Schools Jobs
- Police & Fire Dept. Jobs at Mass Civil Service
- The Town of Brookline hires police officers and firefighters through the Massachusetts Civil Service System, administered by the Massachusetts Human Resources Division. The Town of Brookline uses the residency preference system for police officer and firefighter positions, giving preference to candidates who reside in Brookline for 1 year prior to the date of the civil service exam.
- Work Permit for people under 18 years old