Climate Action Committee
The Select Board's Climate Action Committee was established in May 2008. Committee responsibilities are below the list of members.
|Dan Bennett||Building Commission designee|
Building Commissioner, Town of Brookline
|Michael Berger||Citizen-at-large designee|
|David Pearlman||School Committee designee|
|James Carr||Planning Board designee|
|Heather Hamilton||Committee Co-Chair|
Member of the Select Board
|Alan Leviton||Climate Action Brookline designee|
|Werner Lohe||Committee Co-Chair|
Conservation Commission designee
|[vacancy]||Advisory Council on Public Health designee|
Health Commissioner, Town of Brookline
|Linda Olson Pehlke||Brookline Neighborhood Alliance designee|
|Deborah Rivers||Brookline GreenSpace Alliance designee|
|Kathleen Scanlon||Citizen-at-large designee|
|David Gladstone||Chamber of Commerce designee|
|[vacancy] ||Transportation Board designee|
|Don Weitzman||Advisory Committee designee|
Sponsored and co-authored Art. 29 (May 2008) that established Select Board's Climate Action Committee
Climate Action Committee Responsibilities
The Selectmen's Climate Action Committee has the following responsibilities:
- Current policy adopted by Select Board: To prioritize planning to achieve zero emissions by 2050 community wide.
- To promote and implement resiliency measures to better prepare the Brookline community to adapt to climate change.
- To develop a comprehensive strategic plan that includes, but is not limited to, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and promoting sustainable practices for home, school and businesses.
- To advance Brookline as a leader in diverse sustainable practices that contribute to environmental health and positive social impact and economic development.
- To promote greater awareness about sustainability and the need to reduce GHG emissions through citizen choices.
- To recommend and, where appropriate, implement programs that reduce the net production of GHG emissions in Brookline.
- To measure, assess and/or monitor the efforts of the Town to reduce net GHG emissions.
- To serve as liaison between the Town and the public with regard to information and programs related to reducing net production of greenhouse gases.
- To report annually to the Annual Town Meeting and to report from time to time to the Board of Selectmen, the Town Administrator, and the public.