Hearing on Modified Comprehensive Permit
After the ZBA issued a Comprehensive Permit in March 2017, the owner Chestnut Hill Investments LLC submitted a notice of change of the ZBA. In 2018 the ZBA deemed the changes substantial and pursuant to M.G.L. c.40B the ZBA must open a public hearing (the Applicant provided an extension until April 30, 2019 to open the hearing.
The public hearing was opened on April 25, 2019 and closed on October 16, 2019.
The Modified Comprehensive Permit was Approved with Conditions by the ZBA.
Public Hearing Process
Pursuant to M.G.L. c.40B, the ZBA reviews only the changes proposed to the Comprehensive Permit previously issued. Independent peer review reports will be submitted on architecture, geotechnical, traffic, parking. DPW will review stormwater. Staff and Boards will provide comments as well.
Submit comments to Maria Morelli, Senior Planner at [email protected].
Visit the Town Calendar for official announcement of public hearing dates.
The Applicant has increased the land area of the project by purchasing an abutting parcel at 612-614 Hammond Street. The proposed changes are as follows:
Proposal as of April 2019
|Approved by ZBA March 2017||Proposed Changes for Modification|
|Land Area||14,719 sf||17,690 sf|
|Living Area||65,007 sf||73,033 sf|
|Commercial Area||4833 sf||6569 sf|
|Bedrooms||16 one-bed; 29 two-bed||18 one-bed; 30 two-bed; 2 three-bed|
|Parking||valet + stackers (one level subgrade)||ramped, self-park garage (mostly two levels subgrade)|
Key Dates: The Town Calendar is the official mechanism for posting hearing dates and agendas in the timeframe stipulated by the Open Meeting Law.
- April 25, 2019: Hearing Opened
- May 15, 2019: Applicant’s Presentation
- June 19, 2019: Architecture, Traffic, Parking
- August 20, 2019 Tuesday: Geotech peer review
- September 11, 2019 Wednesday: Revised arch plans
- October 16, 2019: Waivers and Conditions NEW LOCATION: FIFTH FLOOR
- October 22, 2019 180-Day Deadline to close hearing (extensions may be granted)
DRAFT MODIFIED WAIVERS AND DECISION
Applicant’s Response to ZBA Charge
Materials for September 11, 2019 Hearing
- Applicant’s 9.11.2019 Revised Drawings (compare with 8.16.2019 Drawings)
- Design Peer Review Report
- Construction Management Plan (for October 16, 2019 Hearing)
- Sketch Up Model (contact Planning Dept)
- Requested Waivers - Comparison
- Presentation to ZBA - May 15, 2019