Small Business Development Committee
- Raul Fernandez, Chair
- Elias Audy
- Mark Barer
- Raj Kumar Dhanda
- Sam Glasgow
- Talia Glass
- Melissa Tapper Goldman @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- David Leschinsky
- Sandy Machado
- Anne Meyers
- Debbie G. Miller
- Annika Sarin
- Steve Silverman
- Debbie Raisner Thompson @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Small Business Development Committee will study and recommend methods (including funding requests and sources) to the Select Board to incubate, launch, recruit, and sustain small businesses in Brookline. Special attention will be paid to minority and women-owned businesses.
The committee will explore potential solutions to rising rents, regulatory restrictions, parking access, commercial displacement, and other headwinds facing small businesses.
The committee will consider the viability and recommend potential tools including business improvement districts, small business incubators, pop-up shops, co-working spaces, parklets, outdoor seating, galleries, public markets, and other options, as well as the role of the arts and special events in contributing to thriving businesses and communities.
The committee shall be chaired by a member of the Select Board, and include residents, a representative of the Chamber of Commerce and/or local business associations, small business owners, commercial property owners, a member with expertise in public art programming, and a member with expertise in small business assistance. The Committee will be staffed by the Economic Development & Long-Term Planning Division.
Small Business Development Committee members will be sharing any important reference materials (reports, articles, etc.) that they come across in their exploration of issues and challenges facing Brookline's small business community, as well as potential tools and solutions to address those problems, here:
- Town of Brookline Documents:
- Town of Brookline Programs and Resources:
- Documents from other municipalities:
- Thursday, October 3, 2019
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Tuesday, November 26, 2019
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>