217 KENT STREET
Project Name: 217 Kent Street
- Initial Proposal: Renovating 17 units and constructing 73 new units in a 6 story building. Includes 44 parking spaces.
- Revised Proposal (June 2, 2021): Demolish existing building and construct one 6 story building with 112 units (including 28 affordable) and 39 parking spaces.
- Applicant: New Kent Street LLC
- Location: 217 Kent Street (M-1.0 zoning district)
- Status: At this time, no permit has been granted for the proposal. If you have any questions, please call the Planning Department at 617-730-2130 or email Maria Morelli, Senior Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The official mechanism for notification in accordance with the Open Meeting Law is the Town Calendar not this web page. Visit the Town Calendar for hearing agendas.
- December 24, 2019: Applicant submits application for Comprehensive Permit to ZBA.
- New deadline to open hearing:l April 28, 2021 (extension granted by Applicant)
- April 28, 2021 Hearing: Applicant presents plans to ZBA
- May, 14, 2021: ZBA SITE VISIT at 9 am - open to public / no testimony accepted
- June 2, 2021: Hearing
- July 7, 2021: Hearing
- October 25, 2021: 180-Day Deadline to close hearing
ZBA Application and Public Hearing Documents
Wed, July 7, 2021 Hearing
- Architectural Drawings for Revised Plan
June 2, 2021 Hearing
See Transcript / Applicant chose to submit new plan to address initial concerns raised about site circulation and safety.
April 28, 2021 Hearing
APPLICANT PLANS, REPORTS, STUDIES BY DATE
December 24, 2019 [based on reno'd existing building plus new building]
June 15 2021 - Revised Comprehension Permit Plans [based on one building on site]
- Architectural Drawings
- Civil Drawings
- Stormwater Management Report
- Traffic Impact Study
INDEPENDENT PEER REVIEWS
Based on June 15, 2021 Revised Comprehensive Plans
Building and Site Design
BOARD AND STAFF REPORTS
TRANSCRIPTS AND RECORDINGS
Transcripts are available about two weeks after a hearing. If the hearing was held virtually, the link to the Zoom recording is also provided below. If the hearing is instead held in person, a video recording might be available at Brookline Interactive Group.
- April 28, 2021 Hearing. Transcript | Recording. https://bit.ly/33fgL1n Passcode: Q?@08f.X
- June 2, 2021 Hearing:Transcript | Recording: https://bit.ly/2S8MLSZ Password: y9Rn2?D@
- July 7, 2021 Hearing: Transcript
Project Eligibility (PEL)
In the Project Eligibility stage, Applicants must obtain approval from the subsiding agency before they may submit a ZBA application for a comprehensive permit.
3 - Subsidizing agency issues approval for site eligibility.
2 - Select Board Hearing on PEL: 11/12/2019
1 - PEL Application: see below attachments