Marijuana Licensing Regulations
For the latest version of the State laws (Enabling Legislation, Statutes, and Regulations), please the Cannabis Control Commission's webpage, The Laws. Note the the CCC updated 935 CMR 500.000 (Adult Use of Marijuana) in December 2020.
State Cannabis Control Commission (CCC)
For enabling legislation, statutes, regulations, draft legislation, please visit the Cannabis Control Commission website. Links to pertinent laws are listed below for reference.
- M.G.L. c. 94G, Regulation of the Use and Distribution of Marijuana Not Medically Prescribed
- M.G.L. c. 94I, Medical Use of Marijuana
- 935 CMR 500.000: Adult Use of Marijuana [Updated November 2019]
- 935 CMR 501.000: Medical Use of Marijuana (this replaces former DPH regulations, 105 CMR 725.000: Implementation of an Act for the Humanitarian Medical Use of Marijuana)
- 935 CMR 502.000: Colocated Adult-Use and Medical-Use Marijuana Operations
- These regulations are unofficial and for informational purposes only. The official versions are the printed version which can be obtained for purchase at the State Bookstore.
- House Bill 3818 (PDF) An Act to ensure safe access to medical and adult-use of marijuana in the Commonwealth.
Pertinent Sections of the General By-Law
- 8.30.2 – [LICENSE] Applicant’s Submission To Fingerprinting By The Brookline Police Department
- 8.34 - REGISTERED MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (RMD) LICENSES
- 8.37 - MARIJUANA ESTABLISHMENTS*
- 8.38 - MARIJUANA AND HEMP AND MARIJUANA AND HEMP PRODUCTS
- (*) Warrant Article 21 - Amendment to Sec. 8.37 passed at Town Meeting Spring 2019
Pertinent Sections of the Zoning By-Law
[Online bylaw includes amendment passed at Town Meeting Fall 2018 changing the minimum between Marijuana establishments to 200 feet irrespective of whether it’s on the first or second floor.]
- Sec. 2.13 – Definitions (all)
- Table 4.07 – Tables of Uses
- Sec. 4.12 REGISTERED MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (RMD)
- Sec. 4.13 MARIJUANA ESTABLISHMENTS