Local Rapid Recovery Plan (Coolidge Corner & JFK Crossing)
Page last updated: 6/3/2021 at 11:30 am
The Town of Brookline is participating in the state's Local Rapid Recovery Plan Program (LRRP), a technical assistance program to support post-COVID small business and commercial area recovery, included in the economic development package announced by the Baker-Polito Administration in fall 2020. Brookline's LRRP study area is focused on Coolidge Corner and JFK Crossing.
- For Brookline and other participating municipalities:
- A set of actionable, well developed projects that reflect COVID-19 recovery needs, community priorities, available resources and incentives, and the capacity to implement at the local level.
- Primary data that can be used by municipal officials to measure COVID-19 impacts on the local business community
- Opportunities for collaboration and networking among participating communities
- For the Commonwealth:
- Ensuring that communities have data-driven plans to aid in COVID-19 recovery efforts
- Standardized data to demonstrate COVID-19 impacts at the State-level
- Ability to understand on-going needs to inform efforts to allocate public and private resources in support of COVID-19 recovery
LRRP Oversight Committees:
Town Economic Development Division staff and Brookline's LRRP Program Facilitator, Ann Burke, receive regular guidance and direction from the Town's Small Business Development Committee (SBDC) and Economic Development Advisory Board (EDAB) on the development of the Coolidge Corner and JFK Crossing Local Rapid Recovery Plan.
Previous and Upcoming LRRP Meetings and Activities:
- LRRP Kick-Off Meeting - Joint EDAB-SBDC Public Meeting (April 5, 2021)
- Survey Distribution: A survey was distributed to Coolidge Corner and JFK Crossing businesses in March and April 2021 to gauge the magnitude of COVID's impact on businesses and to gather feedback.
- The survey received 48 responses.
- LRRP Survey Findings (Mar-Apr 2021)
- Site Visit: On April 30, Brookline's LRRP Plan Facilitator, accompanied by Economic Development Division staff, conducted a site visit to survey the study area.
- Diagnostic Phase Findings Presentation: Key findings from the LRRP survey, data collection, and site visit observations were presented at a joint EDAB-SBDC meeting on May 26, 2021.
Focus Groups: In June, Brookline's LRRP Facilitator will conduct focus group discussions with several key stakeholder groups, including:
- Property Owners
- Retail and Service Businesses
- Local Customer Base
- Office/2nd Floor Workers
- Arts, Culture, and Entertainment
- + Community Forum
Additional LRRP Reference Materials:
- March 2021 LRRP Program Intro Presentation
- Brookline LRRP Study Area Map (2021)
- Local Rapid Recovery Plan Program Update - Select Board Memo (4/1/2021)
Educational Webinars Available to the Brookline Community:
One of the benefits of Brookline's participation in the LRRP is access to the Rapid Recovery Program Technical Assistance Webinar Series, a series hosted by the MA Department of Housing and Community Development to show case existing projects in certain topic areas as potential project ideas for our community.
These webinars are open to the community members of LRRP "grant" recipients. Brookline residents, committee and board members are strongly encouraged to participate in or view as many of these webinars - which will also be recorded and posted to the Local Rapid Recovery Plan website - as possible given the valuable learning opportunities this series presents.