News & Updates
Draft LHD Guidelines Complete!
On November 7th, 2023, the Preservation Commission completed its Draft Local Historic District Guidelines. A public hearing will be held to review these guidelines and receive public comment; this will be scheduled in early 2024. Staff will be working over the next few months to clean up this draft, please excuse any typos or formatting errors in the version linked above.
The Preservation Commission is currently holding public hearings virtually on Zoom.
Access links and call-in information are located on the hearing agenda.
The Planning Department’s Preservation staff work to promote the protection, restoration, and preservation of the Town’s historical and cultural assets; to encourage a healthy preservation and development climate; and to provide homeowners and Town agencies with historical and technical advice on appropriate restoration procedures.
These objectives are accomplished by completing the following:
- Processing Local Historic District, and Demolition applications
- Working with the Planning Board and Board of Appeals on design review and zoning cases
- Offering technical assistance to property owners, developers and town agencies
- Participating in the environmental review process when the use of federal or state monies or approval may affect National or State Register property
- Updating and adding new building and area inventory forms through survey projects
- Sponsoring public education activities
- Sponsoring annual preservation awards
The Regulatory Planning Division provides support to the Preservation Commission by coordinating applicant's submissions, scheduling meetings, managing deadlines, and providing professional preservationist analysis and recommendations.
- David Jack, Chair(term expires 2023)
- Richard Panciera, Vice Chair (term expires 2024)
- Elton Elperin (term expires 2023)
- James Batchelor (term expires 2023)
- Peter Kleiner (term expires 2024) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- David King (term expires 2025)
- Elizabeth Armstrong (term expires 2023)
- John Spiers, Alternate (term expires 2024)
- Vacancy, Alternate
- Vacancy, Alternate @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
2023 Meeting Dates
|BPC Meeting Dates||Application Deadlines|
*12:00 PM on date listed*