The Housing Division works with the Housing Advisory Board, and other town boards, committees, and departments to develop and implement the town's affordable housing goals, policies, strategies, and programs; responding to changing statutory and regulatory requirements, market opportunities, and resident needs.
Responsibilities of the Housing Division include:
- Assisting developers of affordable units to market, select, and qualify buyers
- Collaborating with other divisions on comprehensive and project-specific planning efforts
- Monitoring affordable ownership and rental units to assure continued residency / affordability
- Providing technical and financial assistance to income-eligible homebuyers
- Referring those seeking affordable ownership and rental opportunities in Brookline to available resources
- Working with developers of market-rate units to fulfill the affordable housing requirements of the Zoning By-Law (PDF).
- Working with owners of affordable housing to preserve existing affordability
- Working with non and for profit developers to create additional affordable housing in affordable or mixed income projects
Find information about the Housing Advisory Board.
From time to time, the town will provide time-sensitive information here about how to apply for specific affordable rental and home ownership units under development or available upon resale or tenant turnover.
Find information about Affordable Housing Requirements for Private Developers under the Zoning By-Law.
Browse helpful links pertaining to regional housing resources for homebuyers, homeowners, and renters.