- Listing of Funding Programs for Home Improvements (PDF)
- Get the Lead Out Loan Program - Through a partnership with the Massachusetts Departments of Public Health and Housing and Community Development, MassHousing offers an affordable way to remove hazardous lead paint from homes.
- Home Modification Loan Program (HMLP) - The HMLP provides no interest loans to modify the homes of adults and children with disabilities. Learn more on the Home Modification Loan Program Flyer or Apply for a Home Modification Loan. Contact Metro Housing Boston at 617-425-6637 for more information.
- Aging at Home - Some ideas regarding how a current home may be modified to accommodate the changing needs of senior residents
Resources for Renters:
- MassHousing - For listing of affordable rental developments financed by MassHousing
- The Attorney General's Guide to Landlord and Tenant Rights (Website) Landlord and tenants should consider their rights and responsibilities when creating or signing onto a lease, as well as laws, regulations, and issues related to renting and leasing an apartment.
- The Attorney General's Guide to Landlord/Tenant Rights (PDF)
Resources for Homebuyers:
- Boston Redevelopment Authority - For listings of up-coming affordable housing opportunities in Boston
- Citizens Housing and Planning Association - For information on upcoming lotteries for new affordable homeownership and rental units
- MassAccess - For locating accessible / barrier-free units for person(s) with disabilities
- Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance (most comprehensive resource for homebuyers) - For homebuyer and homeowner classes
- Massachusetts Affordable Homes - For sales / lotteries of affordable homes
- Massachusetts Housing Partnership - For information about the ONE Mortgage Program for financing a home purchase
- Home Ownership - For financial resources for homebuyers and current homeowners, including information on foreclosure prevention