Affordable Housing Opportunities
Current Housing Opportunities
From time to time, the town will provide time-sensitive information here about how to apply for specific affordable rental and home ownership units under development or available upon resale or tenant turnover.
HOME OWNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: None at this time.
JFK Crossing - 420 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA (Marketed by S-E-B)
Five (5) affordable housing units for rent at the following prices:
JFK Crossing is a 25 unit development on 420 Harvard Street in Brookline. 4 units in this building (and one unit in 49 Coolidge Street about 100 yards around the corner) will made available through this application process and rented to households that have incomes at or below 50% of the Area Median Income. Units feature individual washer and dryer units, stainless-steel appliances with quartz countertops. Each unit has an individual heating and cooling system (see rents details for type of utilities). The community features a private landscaped courtyard for use by all residents. Pet friendly. Units will first be available Fall 2019.
0 Bedrooms: $932; 1 Bedrooms: $982; 2 Bedrooms: $1,151; 2 Bedrooms: $1,167; 3 Bedrooms: $1,336;
Maximum Allowable Household Income
- 1 Person Household: $41,500; 2 Person Household: $47,400; 3 Person Household: $53,350
- 4 Person Household: $59,250; 5 Person Household: $64,000; 6 Person Household: $68,750
- July 10, 2019: Information Session - 6pm in Room 103 in Brookline Town Hall (333 Washington Street)
- August 16, 2019: Application Deadline - 2pm. Applications must be received and must be 100% Complete
- September 17, 2019: Lottery - 6pm in Room 103 in Brookline Town Hall (333 Washington Street)
For more information please contact the Affordable Housing Lottery Agent's website here. Contact information is available in the Info Packet and the Lottery Application.
- Existing Affordable Rental Properties (PDF)- Listing of affordable rental properties in Brookline
- 2019 HUD Income Limits (PDF)
Affordable Housing Notification Email List
You are strongly encouraged to subscribe to the town's Affordable Housing Notification Email List for timely notification of new opportunities.