You are encouraged to subscribe to the town’s Affordable Housing Notification Email List for timely notification of new affordable housing opportunities of Town's deed-restricted units.
None at this time.
HOME OWNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
May 1, 2022 - Sale of 2-bedroom unit at 8 Juniper Street #20 (Juniper Gardens)
** First time homebuyer opportunity for income qualified households at 80% of AMI** -
Income and Asset Requirements. Household of 2 --- Maximum income of $89,500; Household of 3 -- max. income of $100,700; household of 4 -- max. income of $111,850. Maximum assets of $75,000. Buyer will be selected by lottery and income/asset screened after selection.
The unit # 20 is 759 sq.ft and comes with parking space # 22 (Photos will be available soon)
Price $201,130.20; Property tax is $18/monthly; Condo fee $357/monthly. -Layout-
Resale restrictions will apply in order to maintain affordability for subsequent buyers. Lottery winners will be invited to visit the unit upon lottery drawing. This unit requires at least a household size of two persons.
Application Juniper Gardens [PDF] - deadline for submission is Wednesday, June 1 2022 at noon. Lottery will be held on Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at noon via Zoom.
May 2, 2022 - Sale of a 3-bedroom unit at 8 Olmsted Road # 3 (Olmsted Hill Condominium)
** First time homebuyer opportunity for income qualified households at 110% of AMI"
The unit # 3 is a 1,234 sq.ft. and comes with parking space # 41 (photos coming up)
Income and Asset Requirements: Household of 3 members. maximum income of $138,798; household of 4, income of $154,220; household of 5, maximum income of $166,557; household of 6, maximum income of $178,895. Maximum assets in the amount of $210,300
Price $372,932; property tax is $30 monthly; Condo fee is $634 monthly *** Photos [PDF] ***
Resale restrictions will apply in order to maintain affordability for subsequent buyers. lottery winner will be invited to tour the unit upon lottery. This unit requires at least a household size of three persons.
Application Package Olmsted Hill [PDF] - deadline for submission is Wednesday, June 1 2022 at noon. Lottery will be held on Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at noon via Zoom.
40B Units - rentals and homeownership
- Housing Navigator Massachusetts - Listing of affordable units across the State [NEW]
- Existing Affordable Rental Properties (PDF)- Listings of affordable rental properties in Brookline
- 40B Rental and Homeownership Units - Listings of 40B affordable rental units in the Greater Boston area.
- Mass Access Housing Registry - Listing of 40B rental and homeownership projects across Massachusetts.
- METROLIST - find affordable housing in Boston and surrounding municipalities
- MCO Housing Services - Resources for Affordable Housing Search in Boston and neighboring municipalities
- Boston Planning and Development Agency - Listing of rentals and homeownership opportunities in Boston's neighborhoods.
- 2021 HUD Income Limits Verify your income eligibility for participation in any affordable housing program
- Affordable Housing Resources - Flyer PDF