Power Outage / Utility Issues
For issues related to residential customer service, emergencies, gas leaks, service interruptions, account inquiries, and moving, call 800-592-2000.
Causes of Outages
Power cuts can occur due to rolling blackouts, extreme weather conditions, or can accompany other disasters such as earthquakes. If there is no power in your neighborhood take the following steps:
- Turn off and unplug appliances and computers. Leave 1 light on to indicate when power has been restored.
- Avoid using candles as they are fire hazards.
- Do not use a gas stove for heating or operate generators indoors (including the garage.) Both could cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
- If a traffic signal is not working, treat it as a stop sign.
- See the food section to learn about food safety when your refrigerator’s power is off.
Emergency Instructions Natural Gas
Contact KeySpan Emergency Service for Brookline at 617-469-2300.
Safety-related emergencies include such things as:
- You smell gas or suspect a gas leak
- Carbon monoxide detector alarming or symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning
- Gas to an appliance or heating unit stays on and cannot be shut off
- Gas appliance backfiring or delayed ignition
Gas Outage Instructions
As you know, one of the great things about natural gas is that it's there virtually anytime you need it. Of course there are, on rare occasions, accidents or a natural disaster that cause gas service to be interrupted. During times like these, KeySpan Energy Delivery employees work hard to minimize any inconvenience to you as quickly as possible.
What You Can Do if There is an Outage
Call KeySpan Energy Delivery immediately if you ever notice that a gas pipe has been broken or if the gas to all of your appliances is off. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.