Community Development Block Grant Program
CDBG FACT SHEET
FY 2020 CDBG ANNUAL ACTION PLAN
FY 2020 is year five of the Town's five year Consolidated Plan and Strategy. View the Town's FY 20 AAP here.
Community Development staff administer the Town's Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME grants. Overall, the town receives approximately $1.6 million a year in funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to fund and oversee community development initiatives for eligible populations in eligible areas of Brookline.
What the Grant Funds
The Community Development Block Grant funds:
- Programs for children from low- and moderate-income families
- Nonprofits and social service agencies that benefit youths and the elderly
- Affordable housing rehabilitation, including the Brookline Housing Authority
- Public facilities improvements, primarily in the lower Brookline Village / Route 9 corridor
Town of Brookline FY 2021-2025 Consolidated Plan
Every five years, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires the Town of Brookline to create a Consolidated Plan as part of the entitlement funding process for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. The Con Plan serves as the roadmap for the use of CDBG funds over a five year period. CDBG funds are allocated to address housing and community development needs primarily benefiting low- to moderate-income families or individuals.
Process to Complete Con Plan
During the months of July 2019 through the beginning of February 2020, the Town will engage in a variety of methods to assess the needs of the community in keeping with the mission of the Community Development Block Grant program. The Town will reach out to community constituencies (through public meetings and surveys), needs assessments and research data from the 2010 Census, 2015 American Community Survey data and other data sources.
The Town will hold two public hearings to address Housing and Non-Housing Needs.
Below are helpful tools necessary to fulfill your responsibilities as a CDBG grant subrecipient.
- Self-certification Income form (PDF)
- Davis-Bacon (Construction Contracts)
- Section 3 (Economic Opportunities for Low- and Very low-Income Persons)