If you have air conditioning – turn it on! Fans alone CANNOT prevent heat-related illness when the temperature is over 95 degrees.
You may qualify for discount rates from Eversource:
• Stay hydrated! Drink water even if you don’t feel thirsty
• Stay in a cool area with AC. Lower the shades to prevent sun from overheating your place.
• Place a bowl of ice water in front of your fan.
• Run your errands early morning or later in the evening
• Wear light colored clothing, hat with wide rim, sunglasses
• Try not to use your oven
• Take cool showers.
• Use a wet washcloth around your neck.
• Cool your feet in a cold foot bath.
There are no vaccines against Lyme disease or West Nile Virus. The best course of action is PREVENTION!
Wear insect repellent against both ticks and mosquitoes. Check for ticks and remove them immediately if you find one on you.
Signs of Lyme disease – bullseye rash, flu like symptoms, fatigue, muscle joint aches
Signs of West Nile virus – flu like symptoms, nausea, vomiting, skin rash
For help with your preparedness needs, contact the EP Buddies program: [email protected] 617-730-2304