Shared Parking Philosophy
The public parking supply is a shared community resource that is expected to be used by many different people including residents, their guests, their tradespeople & caregivers, plus employees and customers of nearby businesses.
- Daytime Parking: No driver shall park any vehicle for longer than two (2) hours on any individual street during the daytime (6 a.m. - 2 a.m). This rule does not apply on Sundays and public holidays.
- Overnight Parking: No driver may park on any street for longer than one (1) hour at nighttime (2 a.m. - 6 a.m.) on any day of the week. Drivers may apply for Resident Overnight Permits or Visitor Overnight Permits.
- Snow Emergencies: No car may park on any street once a snow emergency has been declared. To learn if Brookline has called a snow emergency, listen to the local broadcast media outlets or call the DPW at 617-730-2610.
Information on paying parking or appealing parking tickets.
Residential, guest and commercial parking permits, as well as parking permits for special circumstances
Resident Daytime Permit Parking
Learn more about resident permit parking, costs, annual renewals, how to apply, and more.
Resident Overnight Parking
Apply for/renew your permit for a public overnight parking space.
Guest Overnight Parking
Look at information regarding guest overnight parking, a map of town-owned lots, and information on how to obtain a parking pass.
Commercial Permit Parking
Read more about commercial permits for on-street parking as well as Brookling parking lots.
Moving Permits (No Parking Signs)
Rules and processes for temporary 'no parking' signs on moving days.
Temporary Permit Parking
Read about how to obtain a temporary parking permit, eligibility, and conditions.
Learn how to apply for a disabled parking space.
- Town-Owned Resident Parking Lots Map
- Resident Daytime Permit Parking
Information on parking overnight in Brookline.
Parking meter rules and fees.
Find out more about the new parking meters and frequently asked questions regarding how the meters work.
Pay By Phone
Instructions for installing and using apps to pay for parking meters on your smartphone.
Red Sox Parking
View the Red Sox baseball schedule to help plan for your baseball game day parking needs.
- Publicly Accessible Electric Vehicle Charging
- Parking Meters
Learn more about the Town's publicly accessible electric vehicle charging stations and planned expansion projects.