Publicly Accessible Electric Vehicle Charging
The map above shows the number of available charging ports as of September 15th, 2023.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) create less greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution than traditional gasoline-fueled vehicles. EV drivers benefit from better fuel economy and financial incentives, and contribute to cleaner air and better health for the community. The Town recognizes the importance of EV infrastructure along with other healthy & sustainable modes of transportation such as walking, biking, micro-mobility, and public transportation.
The Transportation Division has taken the lead in the planning and build out of publicly accessible charging stations in Town owned parking lots. Using grant funding and Transportation Network Company local funds, the Town has installed and maintain Chargepoint Level 2 Dual Port chargers in the following public parking lots in Town Hall, Centre Street East, Babcock Street, and Fuller Street Lot.
The Town recently collaborated with Greenspot added a DC Fast Charger (Level 3) on the Beacon Street eastbound median across from 1351 Beacon Street in Coolidge Corner in April, 2023.
For EV-related questions, please email [email protected]
COMPLETED PROJECTS (Updated 09/26/2023)
The Transportation Division is working with our strategic partners, Eversource and Greenspot, to expand access to publicly available charging stations. Currently, Town-owned ChargePoint stations do not charge for electricity, but users must pay the appropriate parking fee. Greenspot stations charge for electricity at rates of $0.40/KWh (Level 2) and $0.44.KWh (Level 3).
- Babcock Street Lot (Chargepoint) - 1 Level 2 Dual Port Station
- Centre Street East Lot (Chargepoint) - 1 Level 2 Dual Port Station
- Town Hall Lot (Chargepoint) - 1 Level 2 Dual Port Station
- Kent/Webster Place Lot (Greenspot) - 7 Level 2 Dual Port Stations
- 1351 Beacon Street (Greenspot) - 1 DCFC (Level 3) Dual Port Station
FUTURE PROJECTS (Updated 09/26/2023)
- Fuller Street Lot (Greenspot) - 10 Level 2 Dual Port Greenspot Chargers in the Fuller Street public parking lot in JFK Crossing. The Town is waiting for Eversource to bring power to the site. The project is expected to be completed by mid-October 2023.
- Health Department Lot (Chargepoint) - Installation of 2 Level 2 Dual Port Chargers in the Health Department parking lot in Brookline Village that will be available to the public during non-work hours. Construction will begin September 13, 2023 and is expected to be completed by mid-October 2023.
- Webster Street DC Fast Charge (Chargepoint) - Installation of 2 DC Fast Chargers in the Webster Street public parking lot in Coolidge Corner. Construction is estimated to begin late September and be completed by November 2023.
- Driscoll School (TBD) - Installation of 1 Level 2 Dual Port Charger in the Driscoll School parking lot in Washington Square that will be available to the public during non-school hours (Expected Fall 2023).
- Town Hall Lot (Chargepoint) - Installation of 1 Level 2 Dual Port Charger in the Town Hall parking lot in Brookline Village adjacent to the existing Level 2 station. Construction is expected to be completed by mid-October 2023.