Welcome to the web page for the Town Administrator's office.
Chief Administrative Officer
The Town Administrator serves as the chief administrative officer of the town in accordance with a special act of the Legislature (as amended). The Town Administrator provides policy recommendations to the Select Board and implements policies adopted by the board. The Administrator carries out the following tasks:
- Recommends to the Select Board the appointment of most department heads
- Supervises the activities of municipal departments
- Prepares the annual budget and capital improvement plan
- Manages the business and administrative affairs of the town
The Town Administrator's staff also administers the operation of the Select Board, including the licensing of many business activities and the support for the many boards and committees of the town.
Contacting the Department
Please feel free to contact any of us at any time by email, phone, visit or other means during office hours. We seek to respond to all citizen queries and concerns as quickly as possible.
Access the following Town Administrator personnel in order to contact them via email:
- Email Mel Kleckner, Town Administrator
- Email Melissa Goff, Deputy Town Administrator
- Email Austin Faison, Assistant Town Administrator
- Email Stephanie Orsini, Assistant to the Town Administrator
- Email Kate MacGillivray, Senior Clerk/Recording Secretary
- Email Dawn Davis, Senior Clerk Typist
Override Study Committee
The Override Study Committee (OSC) was established by the Select Board in August, 2013. After many months of hard work, the OSC has submitted its Final Report (PDF). Visit the OSC's website for all information.
Also visit Override Central for all information related to the Select Board's review.
I am delighted to announce that the Town's FY17 Financial Plan was awarded the Outstanding Budget Presentation (PDF) by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
Aaa Bond Rating Reaffirmed
I am pleased to announce that on March 8, 2016, Moody's reaffirmed the Town's Aaa bond rating. Brookline is one of just 14 communities in Massachusetts that has been assigned the Aaa rating by Moody's. Access the report (PDF).
2016 Annual Town Meeting - May 24, 2016
The Select Board set Tuesday, May 24, 2016 as the start date for the 2016 Annual Town Meeting. The Warrant opens on Thursday, February 11 and closes at noon on Thursday, March 10. Access the All Town Meeting files.