Community Preservation Act Funding
Last Content Update:
NEWS & UPDATES:
- The Brookline Community Preservation Plan is complete!
- Please review the Funding Timeline & Process Overview
- Phase 2 applications for CPA Funding in FY '25 be invite only and will be accepted from 11/1/2023 - 12/14/2023 through the Accela Portal:
- Apply Online
- Log in to your account, then select the Planning tab
- Select CPA Grant Application from the Record Type menu
- Complete and submit Phase 1 of your CPA Grant Application!
- See the Application Information tab below for more information on project eligibility and application requirements.
- CPA Application Information Sessions on Zoom:
First Phase Eligibility Applications 2023
Project Eligibility Information
Application PDF files (for review only, please apply online)
The Town of Brookline adopted the Community Preservation Act in May 2021. For general information about the Community Preservation Act & project funding please see communitypreservation.org.
The Community Preservation Committee looks forward to establishing a budget framework and priorities for the use of Community Preservation Act funds in Brookline. For initial information about CPA in Brookline see our FAQs info sheet. You can also review all CPA-related files in our Document Center.
CPA Funding Process
The current timeline has the Committee on track to accept the first CPA applications in the fall of 2023, with the first round of CPA projects funded at Spring Town Meeting 2024. The Community Preservation Committee looks forward to working with Brookline residents and stakeholder groups to put these funds to work in the community!
STEP 1. REVIEW THE CPA PLAN & FUNDING
After coming up with an idea and getting agreement from the owner, all applicants are strongly urged to attend application workshops, review the Community Preservation Act Plan, and contact the CPA staff with any questions.
STEP 2. SUBMIT PROJECT ELIGIBILITY DETERMINATION FORM
September 18th to October 16th, 2023
- No funding application will be accepted unless the Project Eligibility Determination Form has been submitted and approved.
- If your project is identified by the CPA staff as one that meets the eligibility requirements and allowable uses for CPA funds, you will be invited to complete a full application for further consideration by the CPAC.
STEP 3. SUBMIT A FULL APPLICATION
Until December 14, 2023
- By invitation only, you must submit a Full Application by the deadline for consideration.
- The CPAC reserves the right to reject any full application received after the deadline.
STEP 4. CPAC REVIEW
February 2024 (approximately)
- The Community Preservation Act Committee will evaluate complete applications on how well they meet or exceed the overall CPA policies and relevant category goals of the Brookline Community Preservation Act Plan.
- The CPA staff will ask applicants or organization sponsors to meet to discuss members' questions regarding the application submission.
STEP 5. APPROVAL BY TOWN MEETING
- The Committee presents its final recommendations for funding to Town Meeting.
- An affirmative vote of a majority of those present at Town Meeting is needed for each recommendation.
- Members of the public may speak in favor of or against specific recommendations at the Town Meeting.
STEP 6. CONTRACTING & PROJECT OVERSIGHT
- The CPA staff will contact all active projects monthly until the project is complete, then annually after completion. They will also document the project site before the project begins and after the project is completed.
- All projects awarded CPA funds are expected to be completed within 24 months of the Town Meeting vote to appropriate CPA funds to the project.
- If funded, a permanent sign acknowledging CPA funding will be required.