Local Zero Waste Shops
Finding stores where you're able to purchase food and household staples without packaging can be a challenge. Below is a list of local stores and shops that will allow you to purchase unpackaged staples in your own containers.
Also below is a list of local thrift, consignment and vintage stores. Follow this link for more on other textile recycling and reuse programs in Brookline?
- Boston General Store (305 Harvard Street, Brookline): Sells plastic-free cleaning and home tools. Visitors can refill bottles with liquid household cleaners, such as all-purpose cleaner and dish soap.
- Uvida (395A Washington Street, Brookline & 28 Atlantic Avenue, Boston): Sells bulk household cleaning and personal care products.
- Brookline Farmer's Market (Centre Street West Parking Lot, Brookline): Vendors sell package-free, local groceries & more. Market open every Thursday, 1:30-6:30 PM from the first Thursday in June until the last Thursday before Thanksgiving.
- Fulfilled Goods (612 Washington Street, Newton): Sells bulk home cleaning, personal care supplies, and pantry staples. Customers are encouraged to bring their own containers to fill.
- Cambridge Naturals (23 White Street, Cambridge): Sells bulk teas, herbs and spices. They also offer locally milled package-free bar soap.
- Cleenland (89A Norfolk Street, Cambridge): Sells plastic-free/bulk personal care supplies and bulk home cleaning products.
- Trove Green Provisions (330A Boston Avenue, Medford): Sells bulk laundry, cleaning and personal care supplies. Many of their products are made in-house or locally.
- Neighborhood Produce (415 Medford Street, Somerville): Sells bulk pantry staples and cleaning products.
- Thrifty Threads (210 Harvard Street, Brookline)
- Buffalo Exchange (312 Harvard Street, Brookline)
- DIVERSITY Men’s and Women’s Consignment (713 Centre Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130)
- Boomerangs (716 Centre Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130)
- Covet (109 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02114)
- Buffalo Exchange (238 Elm Street, Somerville, MA 02144)
- Castanet Designer Consignment (175 Newbury St 2nd floor, Boston, MA 02116)
- Covet (176 Newbury St, Boston, MA 02116)
- Covet (391 W Broadway, Boston, MA 02127)
- Global Thrift (322 Moody St, Waltham, MA 02453 | 781-891-5577)
- The Goodwill Store (965 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 | 617-254-0112)
- The Goodwill Store (678 Centre St, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130)
- Revolve (67 Union Street, Newton, MA 02459)
- Finer Consigner (53 Langley Rd, Newton, MA 02459)
- Urban Renewals (630 American Legion Hwy, Roslindale, MA 02131)
- Sister Thrift (370 Pleasant Street, Watertown, MA 02472)
- Savers (1230 VFW Pkwy, West Roxbury, MA 02132 | 617-323-8231)
- Vivant Vintage (318 Lincoln St, Allston, MA 02134)