The Transportation Division works with the Transportation Board to develop and implement all transportation policies, plans and regulations in the town.
Working with the Department of Public Works (DPW) - Engineering Division, DPW - Highway Division, and Brookline's Planning Department, Police Department and Transportation Board, the DPW - Transportation staff provides technical support and administrative services in the following areas:
Brookline Bicycle Advisory Committee, bicycling safety, BlueBikes, and safe bicycling routes.
Learn more about transportation & mobility programs for low income, disabled, elderly, and other residents
Browse transportation alternatives including BlueBikes, MBTA Greenline, MBTA Bus services, special services for the elderly, car sharing, ride sharing, and more.
Learn more about Brookline's plans for roadway safety improvement, how to request a traffic calming policy, and more.
- Developing Healthy & Sustainable Transportation Planning Initiatives including Pedestrian, Bicycle, Micro-Mobility, Public Transportation, Emergency Vehicle Access, and Motor Vehicles
- Managing expansion of the Bike Share, Car Share, and Publicly Accessible EV Charging
- Designing neighborhood safety and access improvement plans
- Administering residential, commercial, and temporary permit parking programs
- Managing the Parking Meter System
- Conducting traffic and parking studies in support of our commercial districts
- Reviewing transportation access and construction management plans for new developments
- Developing intersection and traffic signal improvement projects
- Licensing and overseeing taxi cab, valet, jitney, and livery industries
- Providing technical support to the Select Board, Transportation Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Bicycle Advisory Committee, Pedestrian Advisory Committee, Shared Mobility Advisory Committee, and the Safe Routes to School Townwide Task Force