- Health Department
Our vision is an inclusive community that is healthy, safe, connected and equitable for all!
The mission of the Brookline Department of Public Health and Human Services is to preserve, protect & promote the physical, mental, and environmental health of the Brookline Community. We collaborate with partners to reduce health inequities and respond to emerging public health challenges.
NATIONAL PUBLIC HEALTH WEEK | APRIL 3 - 9, 2023
CENTERING AND CELEBRATING CULTURES IN HEALTH
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH OPEN HOUSE | 11 PIERCE STREET
APRIL 3, 2023, 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
OPEN TO THE BROOKLINE COMMUNITY
- Network with Public Health Staff
- Learn about the programs and services we provide
- Discover careers in Public Health
- Identifying vaping products
- Health inspector tools
- The Food Coupon Program
- Plus MORE!
- Narcan Training
- Stop the Bleed Training
SNACKS, PRIZES & GIVEAWAYS!
PFAS: THE FOREVER CHEMICALS | VIA ZOOM
APRIL 11, 2023, 7:00 PM
- PFAS are a group of extremely persistent human-made chemicals found in water, soil, and humans.
- Exposure to PFAS has been linked to serious health problems.
Join the following panel of experts in a virtual discussion about PFAS:
WENDY HEIGER-BERNAYS, PH.D
Dr. Heiger-Bernays is a clinical professor in the Department of Environmental Health at Boston University's School of Public Health. She currently serves as a member of the MA Science Advisory Board for the Toxics Use Reduction Institute and the USEPA Science Advisory Committee on Chemicals.
Sigalle Reiss, MPH, RS/REHS, Director of Public Health & Human Services
Alisa G. Jonas, Moderator's Committee on PFAS
Louise Bowditch, Brookline Mothers Out Front
Sponsored by Brookline Mothers Out Front and Brookline Department of Public Health & Human Services
Co-sponsors: Brookline Rotary and Friends of Brookline Public Health
ADVISORIES & PRESS RELEASES
BROOKLINE HEALTH DEPARTMENT REFLECTS ON SUCCESS OF FOOD COUPON PROGRAM AT AMERICAN PUBLIC HEALTH ASSOCIATION CONFERENCE
BROOKLINE – Health Commissioner Sigalle Reiss is pleased to announce that Brookline Department of Public Health and Human Services officials were able to share the success of their Food Coupon program at the American Public Health Association’s (APHA) conference this week.
BROOKLINE PARTNERS WITH MODERN PEST TO REDUCE PRESENCE OF RODENTS THROUGH DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
BROOKLINE – Health Commissioner Sigalle Reiss and Department of Public Works Commissioner Erin Chute Gallentine are pleased to announce that the Town of Brookline has partnered with Modern Pest Services to reduce the presence of rodents in town through digital technology.
Modern Pest utilizes Anticimex SMART technology, an intelligent, non-toxic, always-on solution in pest control for businesses, homes and communities.
BROOKLINE HEALTH DEPARTMENT INVITES COMMUNITY TO LEARN HOW TO STAY HEALTHY THIS WINTER
BROOKLINE – Health Commissioner Sigalle Reiss and President of the Friends of Brookline Public Health Richard Segan wish to invite residents to the virtual “Planning for a Healthy Winter in Brookline” question-and-answer session.
Learn how you can donate blood to save a life.
- PLANNING FOR A HEALTHY WINTER IN BROOKLINE | Event recording
- PUBLIC HEALTH & THE PUBLIC GOOD | Event Recording
- TEENS & SCREENS: FINDING BALANCE IN THE NEW NORMAL (Event Recording)
- 25th Annual Public Health Policy Forum | Advancing Equity: Health & Wellbeing of LGBTQ+ Youth | November 15, 2021
- Get the Facts/Get the Vax: Vaccine Hesitancy & Myths | April 7, 2021
- Adult Mental Health in the time of COVID-19 | March 24, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Brookline Update | February 2, 2021
- COVID-19: A conversation about COVID-19 | June 22, 2020