Water & Sewer
BROOKLINE WATER & SEWER RATES PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE:
The Town of Brookline Select Board will be holding a public hearing on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 7:00 pm to discuss a proposed aggregate increase of 2.3% to the FY20 Water and Sewer Rates.
Attention Water & Sewer Customers
Your water supplier, Town of Brookline, encourages you to use the new, free
AquaHawk Customer Portal so you are better equipped to reduce your water use.
- View consumption over a period of time – see your water consumption daily.
- Recognize possible leaks more quickly.
- Take control of your water use. With AquaHawk you don’t have to wait for your bill to see how much water you use for everyday activities. You’ll see how you’re doing, not how you did.
- Set your own personal thresholds and receive text or email alerts.
- Register at https://brookma.aquahawk.us/login
All you need is your name, phone number, email address, and your account number.
If you have received a door hanger, please be advised that it is not from the Local Water Department, or the MWRA. For more information please follow the link below.
The Water Division is responsible for maintaining and operating the municipal water distribution system in accordance with industry standards promulgated by the American Water Works Association and all applicable state and federal regulations. The goals of the division are to provide adequate and reliable water for domestic use and fire protection while promoting the health, safety, and welfare of the community.
The Sewer Division is responsible for maintaining and operating the municipal sewer and surface water drain systems in accordance with all applicable state, federal, and Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) regulations for the collection and discharge of wastewater.
View MWRA reports on water quality.
For address changes or general inquiries please call 617-730-2170 or email the Brookline Water Department.
- Water and Sewer Fees (PDF)
- Irrigation Specifications (PDF)
- Swimming Pool Brochure (PDF)
- Backflow Prevention Device Design Data Sheet (PDF)
- Regulation for the Installation of Irrigation Meters (PDF)
- Request For Water Leak Abatement (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Replacement Information (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Elderly Exemption Program (PDF)