Water & Sewer
MWRA COVID-19 Notice on Wipes
If you are using any type of wipe (whether or not it says “flushable”), please do not flush them down the toilet.
These items can clog your household plumbing, the pipes in the street and the critical equipment at the treatment plant. Products that might seem safe to flush down the toilet, such as personal care wipes, dental floss and paper towels, don’t dissolve quickly – or at all – in water. Remember that wipes clog pipes!
In the meantime, please make sure to dispose of personal care products, cleaning supplies and other household waste properly: in the trash can, in the recycling bin or at your local household hazardous waste disposal site.
EFFECTIVE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Water & Sewer Division personnel will only respond to residences or businesses for emergency situations only.
Routine requests such as final water meter reads, noisy water meter, etc. will be logged and completed when Town of Brookline safety standards allow.
If Water & Sewer personnel are required to respond. The following measures will be followed in order to keep both our customers and staff safe:
The customer will be instructed, prior to staff responding, to maintain the required social distancing (6’) at all times between themselves and the DPW staff at the house.
Upon arriving at the property, if the person shows any signs of illness, DPW staff will not enter.
Upon entering the house, if the resident fails to maintain the required social distancing (6’), DPW staff will be instructed to leave immediately.
We thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation, as we navigate the challenges of this difficult time
Attention Water & Sewer Customers
Your water supplier, Town of Brookline, encourages you to use the new, free AquaHawk Customer Portal so you are better equipped to reduce your water use.
- View consumption over a period of time – see your water consumption daily.
- Recognize possible leaks more quickly.
- Take control of your water use. With AquaHawk you don’t have to wait for your bill to see how much water you use for everyday activities. You’ll see how you’re doing, not how you did.
- Set your own personal thresholds and receive text or email alerts.
- Register at https://brookma.aquahawk.us/login
All you need is your name, phone number, email address, and your account number.
If you have received a door hanger, please be advised that it is not from the Local Water Department, or the MWRA. For more information please follow the link below.
The Water Division is responsible for maintaining and operating the municipal water distribution system in accordance with industry standards promulgated by the American Water Works Association and all applicable state and federal regulations. The goals of the division are to provide adequate and reliable water for domestic use and fire protection while promoting the health, safety, and welfare of the community.
The Sewer Division is responsible for maintaining and operating the municipal sewer and surface water drain systems in accordance with all applicable state, federal, and Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) regulations for the collection and discharge of wastewater.
View MWRA reports on water quality.
For address changes or general inquiries please call 617-730-2170 or email the Brookline Water Department.
- Water and Sewer Fees (PDF)
- Irrigation Specifications (PDF)
- Swimming Pool Brochure (PDF)
- Backflow Prevention Device Design Data Sheet (PDF)
- Regulation for the Installation of Irrigation Meters (PDF)
- Request For Water Leak Abatement (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Replacement Information (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Elderly Exemption Program (PDF)