The Board of Registrars of Voters is a four member board, three of which are appointed by the Select Board. State statute requires that the Board of Registrars of Voters be evenly divided between the two major political parties. The Town Clerk serves as an Ex-officio member of the Board of Registrars of Voters.
The Board of Registrars mission is to ensure that elections are held in a fair and impartial manner. Its primary responsibilities in achieving this mission include the following:
- Registering voters
- Processing address and party changes
- Certifying nomination papers and initiative and referenda petitions
- Processing absentee voter applications
- Maintaining the register of voters
- Administering elections and any necessary recounts
The Board of Registrars of Voters is also responsible for the collection, enumeration, and publication of the Annual Street List of Persons 17 Years of Age and Older.
Related Web Page
Access the Town Clerk resource for additional information.