Site Plan Approval Process
How to Apply
- First, register an account on our online permit portal, Accela. Follow this guide:
you may skip this step if you already have an account.
Guide to Registering
- Then, open our guide to apply for an inspection on Accela.
Guide to Applying
- Click the following link to open Accela and follow the steps in the Guide to Applying.
Apply for an Inspection
Questions? Please email BA Support at [email protected].
If you are planning a new construction project involving water, sewer or storm drain systems, you will need to familiarize yourself with the site plan approval process.
This document outlines the requirements necessary for preparing and submitting a site plan to the Brookline Department of Public Works (DPW) Engineering Division. Once approved by the Brookline DPW, site plans are valid for 2 years. In many situations, DPW’s approved site plan is a prerequisite for additional town permits.
In addition to information on the site plan requirements, this section will also provide a menu of other supporting documents, guidelines and forms as well as other helpful information that you may need to successfully complete the site plan and permitting processes. To review any Department of Public Works regulations, please visit this page.
The 1st step is the submission of the site plan (including AutoCaD file), application permit, site plan review checklist and supporting documents, drawings, permits, etc. Once the Director of Engineering and the Director of Water and Sewer approves the site plan, a permit will be issued.
- Water / Sewer / Drain Application Permit Licensed Drain Layer’s (PDF): This form provides information about the project, such as address, owner’s name, ward, parcel number and telephone number.
- DPW Site Plan Review Checklist (PDF): This step identifies requirements as well as various forms needed to prepare and submit a site plan. This checklist must be completed and submitted before a site plan can be reviewed.
Please email the Town of Brookline DPW Engineering Division or call 617-730-2139 with any questions regarding this process.
ACAD Standards & Templates
This document contains Brookline’s Site Plan ACAD standards for design and as-built drawings. The inspection sign-off schedule must be included with each as-built site plan submission (see AutoCAD template for form).
The drawing templates below are in AutoCAD formats 2000, 2004 and 2010. They have been developed to include standard layers, colors, symbols, and forms that must be present on all plans submitted.
Storm Water Information
Owners, developers or general contractors are responsible for storm water management on their construction sites and may need to obtain permits from federal, state or local authorities. Brookline Public Works has prepared a section to help you determine what permits and from which authority you will need to obtain them from.
- Brookline Public Works Storm Water Webpage
- Licensed Drain Layer's (Call either Engineering or Water / Sewer for a current list)