The process for the construction of Brookline’s new elementary school has recently moved into the Feasibility Study stage with appointment of the members of the 9th Elementary School Building Committee. The members make up a diverse range of experience including parents, community members who live near the Baldwin School site, elected officials, and Town and School Department Staff. The first meeting of this committee will be on November 30th at 8:00 a.m. in Room 103 of Town Hall.
The members of the 9th Elementary School Building Committee are:
- David Pollak, Co-Chair – School Committee
- Nancy Daly, Co-Chair – Board of Selectmen
- Janet Fierman, Co-Chair – Building Commission
- Clara Batchelder – Park and Recreation Commission
- Andrew Bott – Superintendent of Schools
- Steven Brooks – Baldwin Community Representative
- John Co, School Parent Community Representative
- Mary Ellen Dunn -- Deputy Superintendent of Administration and Finance
- Dave Gacioch – School Parent Community Representative
- Nicole Gittens – Deputy Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
- Blair Hines – Baldwin Community Representative
- Mel Kleckner – Town Administrator
- AC Sevelius – Interim Principal, Heath School
- Ray Masak – Project Manager, Building Department
Jonathan Levi Architects (JLA) will conduct the Feasibility Study which will be completed by May 2017. JLA has already begun to initial outreach and work with staff from the Building Department, School Department, Parks and Open Space Department, Recreation Department to develop the action plan, timeline and deliverables for this phase of the project. The timeline and process for Feasibility Study including all scheduled public meetings will be posted on the School Department website in the coming week at www.brookline.k12.ma.us/school9
Update on Change to Transportation Board Agenda for November 21
The item discussing the Baldwin School and upcoming traffic study of the surrounding area has been taken off the Transportation Board’s November 21st agenda. The Building Committee for the 9th Elementary School at Baldwin has not yet met nor decided any transportation measure they want to recommend; the Co-Chairs want to hear more from the public before getting to that point.
At some point in the future the Building Committee Co-Chairs anticipate going to the Transportation Board after further discussion. The best way to stay updated is by subscribing to notices through the Town’s Notify Me “Building Committee for the 9th Elementary School at Baldwin” email list.