November 2, 2021
Advisory Committee Meeting - Tuesday, November 2 at 7:00 pm on Zoom
Tuesday, November 2, 2021
TOWN OF BROOKLINE, MASSACHUSETTS
ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING – UPDATED NOTICE
Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 7:00 pm via Zoom Meeting
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
UPDATED AGENDA (All times are approximate)
7:00 pm Public Comment
7:15 pm Public Hearing
WA 1 of Special Town Meeting 2: Budget Adjustments (Select Board)
- Appropriate $200,000 from the Host Community Stabilization fund to support the Racial Equity Fund
- Appropriate $1,987,658 in (net) additional receipts
7:30 pm Public Meeting
- Further Discussion of WA 30 (Spiegel Indemnification)
7:45 pm Discussion and Possible vote on WA 1 of Special Town Meeting 2: Budget Adjustments
- Possible funding of Spiegel Indemnification
- Recommendation for allocation of $99,854.75 in Transportation Network Company Funds (Capital Subcommittee)
- Recommendation for allocation of $1,987,658 in (net) additional receipts (Advisory Committee)
- Recommendation for appropriation of $200,000 from the Host Community Stabilization Fund to support the Racial Equity Fund.
8:30 pm Possible reconsideration of previous votes, including but not limited to…
- WA 14: Amend 3.12 of the Town’s General By-Law to require EDAB members to disclose affiliations with organized non-governmental groups when voting (Davis)
- WA 15: Create a new Article 3. _ of the Town's General by-Law to provide language access services (Wu, Fernandez, Nobrega)
9:00 pm Possible Reconciliation with Select Board Votes
9:15 pm Other business
You can view and download the agenda, register for the meeting using the Zoom joining link, and access related documents on the Town Calendar.
Michael Sandman, Chair 617-513-8908 [email protected]
Carla Benka, Vice-Chair 617-277-6102 [email protected]
Dennis Doughty, Vice-Chair 617-739-7266 [email protected]
Public comment is welcome only during the public comment portion of the agenda. The Advisory Committee welcomes written comments, which will be circulated to members of the Committee if they are sent to [email protected] no later than noon on the day of the meeting. Subcommittees of the Advisory Committee hold public hearings on any matter on which the Advisory Committee makes a recommendation to Town Meeting. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in subcommittee public hearings if they wish to comment on any item under deliberation by the subcommittee. All public comments become part of the public record.
Any member of the public may make an audio or video recording of an open session of a public meeting. They must first notify the chair and must comply with reasonable requirements regarding audio or video equipment established by the chair so as not to interfere with the meeting.