SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING (REMOTE)
THURSDAY, APRIL 8, 2021
6:30 PM – 10:15 PM
This will be a remote meeting. Brookline Interactive Group (BIG) will broadcast live out to the cable channels and online via live stream at www.brooklineinteractive.org/live
BIG’s cable channels will replay the meeting and post the meeting recording at http://www.brooklineinteractive.org for viewing after the meeting.
Meeting Documents are available on the PSB Website. https://www.brookline.k12.ma.us/Page/2087
STATUTORY NOTICE OF THIS MEETING HAS BEEN FILED WITH THE TOWN CLERK.
NOTE: All times are approximate.
6:30 PM (5 minutes)
1. ADMINISTRATIVE BUSINESS (Suzanne Federspiel)
a. Consent Agenda
i. Past Record: March 25, 2021 School Committee Meeting
ii. Acceptance of Grants
iii. Acceptance of Gifts
b. Introduction of Driscoll Principal David Youkilis
6:35 PM (20 minutes)
2. POLICY REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE RECOMMENDATIONS ON 2021 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING WARRANT ARTICLES (David Pearlman)
6:55 PM (1 hour)
3. UPDATE/DISCUSSION ON FY 2022 BUDGET (Jim Marini, Mary Ellen Normen, and Mariah Nobrega)
a. Possible Vote to Approve and Authorize the Collection of FY 2022 Fees
7:55 PM (1 hour)
4. PUBLIC HEARING/DISCUSSION/POSSIBLE VOTE ON 2021 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING WARRANT ARTICLES
Members of the public may send written comments on Warrant Articles to [email protected]
Written comments will be shared with all School Committee members. If you would like to provide comment in real time during the meeting please email [email protected]
by 12:00 PM on Thursday, April 8, 2021. After signing up, you will receive an email with additional information on how to provide comment during the meeting. Speakers will be called on in the order in which they signed up (2 minutes per person).
2021 Annual Town Meeting Warrant Articles
7. Retroactive Application of Bond Premium for the Driscoll School. (Select Board)
9. Annual (FY 2022) Budget Appropriations Article. (Advisory Committee)
10. FY 2022 Budget Amendment. (Brown)
8:55 PM (30 minutes)
5. INTERIM SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT, INCLUDING UPDATE ON INCREASE IN IN-PERSON STUDENT LEARNING (Jim Marini)
9:25 PM (30 minutes)
6. SUBCOMMITTEE AND LIAISON REPORTS
a. Finance (Mariah Nobrega)
b. Capital Improvements (Helen Charlupski)
c. Curriculum (Jennifer Monopoli)
d. Policy (David Pearlman)
e. Government Relations (Helen Charlupski)
f. Additional Liaisons and Updates
9:55 PM (5 minutes)
7. NEW BUSINESS
10:00 PM (15 minutes)
8. PROPOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION
Motion to meet in Executive Session, pursuant to Massachusetts General laws chapter 30A section 21(a) for the following purposes:
Purpose 3, to discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining with the Brookline Educators Union (BEU) (Unit A, Unit B, and Paraprofessionals), and to discuss strategy with respect to litigation (OCR Complaint Nos. 01-20-1276, 01-20-1281, and 01-21-1012), if an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining and litigating position of the public body and the chair so declares.
Purpose 7, to review and approve executive session minutes from the following meeting: March 25, 2021.