Please click here to learn more about how to run and participate in remote meetings!
Economic Development Advisory Board Agenda
September 14, 2020
7 – 9 PM
All times approximate; items may be taken out of order.
Register to receive meeting link: https://brooklinema.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_61_1SG5pQaC_dhNq3wfYmw
Dial-in (listen only): +1 669 254 5252 Webinar ID: 161 160 7569 Passcode: 4312511634
7:00 pm Growth Companies proposal for Chestnut Hill West
(1234, 1244, 1268 Boylston St)
- Proposal from Growth Companies (9/3/2020), including Real Estate Tax Increase Analysis and Development Timeline
- Existing Chestnut Hill Village and Chestnut Hill Office Zone Design Guidelines
- Chestnut Hill Vision in Comprehensive Plan (starting pg. 68)
- Proposal from Growth Companies to Planning Department (11/9/2018) for 1268 Boylston and response from Economic Development Division (11/28/2018)
- Permitted prior to 2005, but not constructed, building at 1268 Boylston
7:45 pm Commercial Areas Update including early indicators of local business revenues and pedestrian footfall counts during COVID-19 (Kara Brewton)
7:55 pm Fall Town Meeting Warrant Review – general discussion to determine which, if any, articles EDAB would like to hold a future public hearing/vote on. At the time of this agenda posting, new Fall Warrant articles are not yet posted, but will be at: https://www.brooklinema.gov/1020/Town-Meeting-Files
Holdover warrant articles from the Spring that EDAB may be interested include (using Spring 2020 TM article numbering as an interim reference): 21-23 related to legalizing and regulating some types of Short Term Rentals; 24 regarding acceptance of the Community Preservation Act; 35 eliminating zoning off-street residential parking minimums in the Transit Parking Overlay District; 41 resolution to increase Affordable Housing in Brookline
8:10 pm Committee Member Updates, including:
- Building a Better Brookline: Housing Affordability forum update (Al Raine & Paul Saner)
- Update on Harvard Student model regarding Fiscal Impact Model (Ken Lewis)
8:40 pm Approval of letter endorsing state Open Meeting Law changes permitted during COVID-19 to become permanent changes, as requested by Brookline Commission for Women and MA Commission on the Status of Women (Anne Meyers)
8:45 pm Approval of draft June meeting minutes, including edits
8:50 pm Other business, if any
Note: The online .pdf version of this agenda includes links to meeting materials.