News Flash Home
The original item was published from 9/14/2023 3:43:14 PM to 9/19/2023 12:00:00 AM.
Highlights - Building Department
Posted on: September 14, 2023
[ARCHIVED] Tropical Storm Checklist for Construction Sites
- Review your Hurricane Action Plan and update if required.
- Activate the individual responsible for tracking the storm and advise the Person-in-Charge.
- Ensure that the hurricane response and recovery team information is up to date and accurate. The Person-in-Charge should have an updated, printed copy of the list for safe-keeping.
- Conduct a project meeting reviewing the members of the hurricane response/recovery team and their responsibilities. Review and confirm action items with the individuals responsible.
- Ensure that all hurricane planning items have been addressed.
- Monitor material deliveries and begin to consider the impact of material deliveries and the potential of stopping deliveries (especially for non-critical deliveries).
- Determine material requirements (plywood, netting, banding, plastic sheeting, trailer anchors and tie-downs, concrete anchor screws) for protecting the site in its current state of completion and determine the material source and availability.
- Prepare to secure the site (protect/secure materials and equipment, cover exterior openings, complete structures, brace equipment, clean site, etc).
- Review what off-site company resources are available to assist with recovery.
- Contact the corporate safety director, human resources and information technology personnel, as needed.
- Consider updating the project’s Critical Path Method (CPM) Schedule Logic Diagram. This will be useful for reflecting the project’s pre-storm status and later establishing delays caused by the storm, damages and subsequent repairs.