Who is responsible for my water service line?
For residential properties, the town is responsible for the length of pipe that runs from the connection at the water main to the sidewalk shut-off valve. The homeowner is responsible for the service line from the sidewalk shut-off valve to the building and all other plumbing on private property. Homeowners are responsible for the entire length of pipe from the water main to the building for water services that are 75 years or older. The town is not responsible for making repairs to any water service at an industrial or commercial buildings, or residential services larger than 2 inches in diameter.

Show All Answers

1. I am selling my house and need to obtain a "final read" on my water meter, what do I do?
2. Where is my water meter?
3. Who is responsible for my water service line?
4. Who do I contact when I have a question about my bill?
5. How do I check for leaks in my home?
6. Who do I contact in the case of a water emergency?
7. Does the Town test the water?
8. How do I get an irrigation meter (second meter)?