The zoning process in Brookline involves 5 main steps:
1) Submit a Plan Review application to the Building Department to receive a denial letter outlining what zoning relief you will need
2) Submit a Special Permit/Variance application to the Planning Department
3) Present your proposal to the Planning Board who will make a recommendation to the Zoning Board of Appeals
4) Present your proposal to the Zoning Board of Appeals who will make a final decision
5) Receive a final approval from the Planning staff which you can use to apply for a Building Permit
To apply for these steps, visit our Applications page.