How do I sign up for Town refuse collection?

A: Residents of, and commercial businesses operation in, Brookline may sign up for Town refuse collection at any time. The application procedure follows:

  1. Obtain a Refuse Agreement Application:
    1. Email Refuse Billing at [email protected] and include New Refuse Account Request in the subject line.
    2. Visit the DPW Administration Office located on the 4th floor of the Brookline Town Hall, at 333 Washington Street.
    3. Download an Application from the Public Works page.
  2. Fill out a Refuse Agreement Application, and return it to the DPW office on the 4th floor, at the Brookline Town Hall either in person, by mail, or via email. See application for details.
    1. Include a letter from current trash collection company indicating cancellation of service, and the date of cancellation.
    2. Processing of the application may take up to 30 days. The DPW will deliver, to the residential address, the recycling and trash carts chosen on the application by the customer.

Show All Answers

1. How do I sign up for Town refuse collection?
2. How do I choose a recycling and/or trash cart?
3. When will I receive my first bill?
4. How do I know which trash cart is the best choice?
5. How do I dispose of my old trash bin or barrel?