Can you waive the three-day waiting period?

If you are unable to wait the three days and need your license issued immediately, both parties must apply for a waiver at the probate court. After a hearing, the court may issue an approved Court Petition for Marriage Without Delay allowing the marriage license to be issued. The certificate must be brought back to the Town Clerk.

To waive the three-day waiting period, contact:
Brookline District Court
360 Washington Street
Brookline, MA 02445
(617) 232-4660

Show All Answers

1. How is the three-day waiting period counted?
2. Can you waive the three-day waiting period?
3. Do I have to pick up my marriage license in-person?
4. What is the minimum age to marry?
5. Are blood tests still required to get married?
6. Do we need proof of residency?