While we still may have cold days and snow storms, the light returns this month! The Senior Center will be closed on Monday, February 19th in celebration of President’s Day. As always, there is an abundance of information in the monthly Brookline Beacon. February is busy with many community events and new programs to enjoy. While pre-registration of programs is requested as it helps in planning, it is not necessary unless indicated, so walk-ins are welcome at many programs. You can find the February 2024 edition as well as any past or future editions of the newsletter here. Unfortunately flu, COVID-19 and cold season continues to dominate our world. A few reminders to keep everyone healthy: ,
· Please make sure to get vaccinated. Flu, COVID-19, and RSV vaccines are all available.
· Stay home and away from others if you feel ill and are experiencing symptoms of cold flu and COVID-19.
· Take a COVID test if you are experiencing symptoms. Tests are available at the Brookline Senior Center.
· Increase ventilation where possible. This could include opening windows indoors.
· Wash your hands often.
· Wear a mask or face covering when you are indoors where people are in close proximity. The Senior Center continues to be a mask-friendly building.
Snow Policy: when there is inclement weather, we try to post updates on the Senior Center webpage (www.brooklineseniorcenter.org ), but the most up-to-date information is often on our voicemail. Please call 617-730-2777 to get the latest. Wishing everyone a sweet Valentine’s Day. Indulge in chocolate this month.
Ruthann Dobek, Director Brookline Council on Aging/ Brookline Senior Center
If you need reasonable accommodations or modifications related to this notice, please contact Sarah E. Kaplan, ADA Compliance Officer at [email protected] or call 617-730-2329
Town ADA Information
This service is part of the BrookONline initiative. Follow that link to modify your notification settings or sign up for more automated email or SMS/text notifications.